Het is alweer enkele jaren geleden dat ik Buurtlinux.nl aan de Nederlandse Linux Gebruikersgroep (NLLGG) heb overgedragen – zowel het domein als de code. Ik heb de website in korte tijd gebouwd. Ik heb nooit veel aandacht besteed aan het ontwerp van de website of aan de beheerbaarheid – zeker niet met de AVG-wetgeving in […]
I’m a big fan of open source software. That’s why I didn’t hesitate to volunteer when ASTRON announced it wanted to establish an Open Source committee at the time I was working there! There are many pieces of software developed at ASTRON. As the organization is mainly subsidized by the Dutch government, there is a […]
I moved the PlantUML plugin I wrote for Gedit a couple of years ago from my personal Subversion server to Gitlab. This allowed me to move the documentation to the code base as well, so now everything is in one central place. Besides that, Git makes it easier for others to contribute to the project.
A little while ago a friend of mine told me he was trying to automate his house using openHAB. He told me he could now control his blinds and curtains amongst other things through an Android app. How cool is that? There was one thing he could not do though, and that was controlling his […]
#C, #code fun
A colleague of mine recently mentioned this article from Brian Raiter. The article demonstrates how to reduce the size of an executable by a factor of 85. Here it is, just for fun: A Whirlwind Tutorial on Creating Really Teensy ELF Executables for Linux 🙂
Development on the Gedit PlantUML plugin stagnated for while, but the last couple of months I finally managed to find some time to finish the planned redesign. It can be downloaded here. This release targets Gedit3, and has a cleaner and better design. Firstly, it now uses Gedit for detecting when a PlantUML source file […]
Last week my colleague Auke Klazema held a short presentation on Test Driven Development (TDD) – you can find it on his website. He already explained me the principles of TDD some weeks earlier, and I was able to implement a small Python module the TDD-way since. My initial experience is that TDD forced me to […]